When you’ve been injured because of another, you are faced with a variety of issues, including insurance, medical issues, financial uncertainty, and stress. In many situations, your life can be changed forever because of a serious injury.
Don’t do it alone. Tammy Bowles Raines will ensure your case is handled correctly and you get the settlement you deserve.
When another person’s actions cause you to be injured, you must ensure you are treated fairly and receive the compensation you deserve. You could be entitled to compensation for lost wages, medical care, damages to your property, and more.
Tammy Bowles Raines has worked with many individuals in a variety of situations, including automobile crashes, workplace injuries, and premise liability cases.
Contact our office as soon as possible following the incident. The sooner you get us involved, the better we can represent you and protect your interests. We will work with you to ensure your case is handled properly from the beginning. Our initial consultation is free.
Are West Virginia Roads Dangerous?
Crashes involving motor vehicles continues to be a top cause of injury and death in West Virginia, as well as the entire United States. In 2020, the National Transportation Safety Administration (NTSA) reported 5,250,837 vehicle accidents nationwide with 2,282,015 people being injured. In West Virginia alone, there were 267 vehicle fatalities.
Common Types of Vehicle Crashes
While each situation is different, Tammy Bowles Raines works with a variety of individuals who have been hurt through no fault of their own in a vehicle crash. These are some common situations where she can help the injured party. If you are not sure if Tammy can help, contact her for a free, no-obligation evaluation.
Car Crashes Most people in West Virginia drive some type of vehicle regularly. Each years, hundreds of car crashes are reported in West Virginia. When injured, you are often faced with medial bills, missed work, insurance claims, and more. Don’t try to do it alone. Tammy Bowles Raines will represent your best interests and get you the settlement you deserve.
Tractor Trailer Crashes We all share the road with a variety of commercial vehicles, including tractor trailers of varying sizes. Because these vehicles are much larger and heavier than standard passenger vehicles, tractor trailers can cause substantially more damage when a crash occurs. Dealing with these types of crashes can be challenging and frustrating. Tammy Bowles Raines has the experience you need.
Highway Crashes When traveling at high speeds on an interstate, crashes can be catastrophic. If you’ve been involved in a high-speed crash, contact Tammy Bowles Raines as soon as possible.
No matter where you are traveling, vehicle crashes can happen. If you have been involved in any of the following, Tammy Bowles Raines may be able to help.
- Hit by an impaired driver
- Head-on collision
- Crashes in a construction zone
- Injured while traveling as a passenger
Tammy Bowles Raines can help with these and other vehicle-related injuries. If you have been injured because of the actions of others, we can protect your best interests.
Causes of Vehicle Crashes
Vehicle crashes can happened for a variety of reasons, often because of the negligence of another driver. Some common reasons are listed below.
- Distracted driving – Often caused by cellphones or other factors.
- Disobeying posted traffic signs – Ignoring a stop sign, driving the wrong way, etc.
- Aggressive driving
- Wet or icy roads
- Heavy rain, hail or other bad weather
What to Do When You’ve Been Involved in a Crash
While each vehicle accident is different, some important actions can help your case. Keep these steps in mind if you are involved in any type of crash.
- Call 911 to report the accident. A police report can be an important part of your case, if it becomes necessary.
- Get medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you don’t think you are injured, be sure to be checked out by a medical professional just to be sure.
- Take photos of your vehicle as well as the other vehicles invovled in the accident. If it is safe to do so, take photos of the area around the crash, paying attention to anything that could have contributed to the crash.
- Write down any details of the incident as soon as possible. Details can often be important but can fade with time.
- Get the other drivers’ names, phone number and insurance information.
- Notify your insurance company about the crash, even if you are not at fault.
- Contact a reputable personal injury attorney to represent your interests.