While you are making preparations for that weekend family trip or a much-anticipated exotic vacation, you face the risk of having your home burglarized while away. In fact, a burglar could be “casing” your neighborhood as you read this!
A few tips to prevent a theft:
- Leave a house key with a trusted neighbor or friend who can check on things while you are gone, and even have somebody else park in your driveway.
- Stop your newspaper and mail delivery, and even arrange to have your grass cut. Anything to avoid the appearance of being away!
- Check each window and door to ensure they are locked … Don’t give a burglar an easy way in!
- If you have a security system, use it! It seems silly to say it, but some burglary victims left their systems off.
- You may be itching to brag about your vacation on social media as it unfolds. Wait until you get home to tell all about it.
Visit this link for even more tips on avoiding burglary and other disasters while you are gone. If your house is burglarized and you need help with an insurance dispute, contact Tammy Bowles Raines Law Office.