It's definitely fair season here in West Virginia, with several scheduled for the coming weeks. While these outdoor events are usually filled with fun, here are a few ideas to make your outing safe:
- Food safety: Be careful when buying food from out of town vendors Make sure the trailer has the appropriate health inspection certificate posted.
- Keep a close eye on your children: This may be your child’s first experience with large crowds, so don’t get distracted. Teach your child what to do and where to go if you get separated. Be sure you know what clothing your child is wearing, or better yet, snap a photo when you arrive.
- Be mindful of the rides, and your children taking them: Read the warning sights, obey restrictions and don’t put children on rides they are scared of.
- Dress Appropriately. Wear cool summer clothing and comfortable shoes. While they may be stylish, flip flops may not be your best option if you plan to spend several hours walking and standing.
- Stay well hydrated. With temperatures reaching above 90 degrees, even after sunset, dehydration can be an issue.
- Wear Sunscreen and a hat. If you will be attending an event during the day, be sure to be protected from the summer sun.
Outdoor summer events can be fun for the entire family. These are just a few tips to make sure you enjoy your outing.