Many of us will be heading out this weekend to do some holiday shopping. This is often a time when we are busy and distracted, leaving us vulnerable to criminals. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
· Make sure to store your purchases in your trunk and out of sight.
· Avoid shopping alone. Two or more people shopping together are less likely to be the target of thieves.
· Park only in well lit and well-traveled areas. Be sure to lock your vehicle.
· If you are paying with cash, only take the amount you plan to spend. If you are paying with a card, be sure it is returned to you after each purchase.
· Get your car keys out before walking to the parking lot or building. Being distracted by digging for your keys can make you a target for thieves.